- MS Computer Science (Computational Perception & Robotics), Georgia Institute of Technology 2021-ongoing (4.0 GPA)
- MA Harding School of Theology, 2011-2014
- BE Magna Cum Laude, Electrical Engineering, Auburn University, 2002 – 2006
- Graduation Marshall—Most Outstanding Graduate, selected by the College of Engineering Faculty to represent the college at graduation, this is Auburn’s equivalent to a valedictorian
- BS Magna Cum Laude, Physics, Auburn University, 2002 – 2006
9/2022 – Present Corvid Technologies Technical Program Manager
11/2014 – 9/2022 Medtronic Inc. (Memphis, TN) Principal Software Quality Engineer
- Corporate SW-DRM Greenbelt Instructor (Software Design for Reliability and Maintainability)
- Reliability Modeling Lead for Spine Division.
- Software Quality/Conformity Lead for Spine Division.
- Design Quality Engineer: New Product Initiatives, Design Control, Design for Reliability and Manufacturability, and Verification and Validation of: spinal implants and instruments, Software as a Medical Device, and surgical navigation/robotic integration projects.
- Subject Matter Expert and lead for Medtronic’s RFID based tissue tracking system. Enabling sales, remote inventory monitoring, and compliance; integrating RFID equipped distribution centers, smart storage cabinets, and a web front end. Conduct voice of customer surveys so we meet the needs of operations, sales, and hospital users. Manage IQ/OQ/PQ and calibration schedule of 200+ tissue tracking equipment installations around the country. Manage and lead training of field service engineers.
- Lead cross-functional teams in black box / white box, functional verifications, user acceptance, and API testing. Develop validation and verification plans, test plans, test scripts, trace matrices, and conduct code reviews to ensure that all business, technical, and regulatory requirements are met for hardware/software systems in an 21 CFR Part 11, 820, 1270, 1271, and ISO 13485, 62304 regulated environment.
- Part of corporate RFID working group, plan wireless technology roadmap. Data analysis for new business cases.
- Lead team of cross functional Medtronic employees and suppliers in quality remediation and managed validation master plan to bring existing program up to compliance and quality standards. Performed gap analysis of existing systems and wrote remediation plans and requirements documents for developers. Drove towards timely yet quality and compliant completion.
- Conduct internal assessments against internal procedures, external standards (AATB), and regulations (FDA). Contribute to 483 response plans for the FDA.
- Lead quality agreement negotiations and participate in supplier identification and review, contract negotiations.
- Automated previously paper based TUR (tissue usage record) processing, eliminating a 2 year backlog of work.
- Continuous improvement. Triaged and corrected an inefficient audit program freeing up 50% of previous FTE allocation.
10/2011 – 2/2014 Hopeworks Inc. (Memphis, TN) Program Efficacy Analyst
- Data scientist performing data analysis of student outcomes for personal career development and GED programs to determine ROI.
- Developed measurements and metrics comparing outcomes to rest of industry. Created forecasts and recommended modifications to intake procedures, programming, wrap-around followup, and staff training and technology use to increase effectiveness.
12/2008 – 8/2011 Dynetics, Inc. (Huntsville, AL) Engineer III
- Site Test Director at the UEWR (Upgraded Early Warning RADAR), Thule Air Base, Greenland for the MDA’s (Missile Defense Agency) GTD-04b ground test event January-March 2011.
- Conceived and led the development of REO (RCS [RADAR Cross Section] Estimation Optimizer), software tool to generate RCS distributions of debris. REO predicts the RCS of debris much faster than Method of Moments/Physical Optics codes and much more accurately than empirical curve models. It is an ~80% improvement in fidelity over the industry standard empirical tool while maintaining similar speed. This replaced the non-Dynetics empirical tool in Dynetics’ RTIKAT (Range Time Intensity Kill Assessment Tool) radar modeling software.
- Developed positional phase determination and range walking code for RTIKAT so coherent summation of RCS returns is accurate. Optimized RTIKAT Build 2 software resulting in a speed increase of one to two orders of magnitude. Developed code to generate ersatz range profiles of post intercept event debris rather than point returns—in wide band model—to improve realism of RTIKAT when Method of Moments/Physical Optics range profiles are not available.
- Developed Quality Control tool GUI to streamline analysis for STC (Satellite Test Campaign).
- Performed Targets and Counter-Measures (TCM) Signature Analysis.
- Development on Boeing’s DEOS (Discrimination and Electro-Optical Simulator, exo-atmospheric kill vehicle simulation software) and performed quality assurance assessment to confirm realism of the simulation.
- Taught Introduction to Python Programming, Dynetics University, Fall 2009, Summer 2011.
- Analyzed truth data and prepared Post Flight Reconstruction Validation and Verification Report for FTG-05 flight test.
- Updated Hit Point Aim Point conversion tool for FTG-06 pre flight simulation and post flight analysis. Created new targets.
- Developed new Quality Assurance codes for modifying facet files (3D models of impact debris) to guarantee they are topologically reasonable and will not cause errors in analysis codes.
02/2007 – 08/2007 Wuhan Institute of Technology (Wuhan, Hubei, PRC) Foreign Language Instructor
- Taught Conversational English in the Chinese University System.
08/2006 – 12/2006 Auburn University Undergraduate Research Fellow (Auburn, AL)
- Awarded one of twenty-five annual fellowships. Researched robotic control mechanisms for a 3 DOF multi-body inverted pendulum. Developed a mathematical model to characterize the problem. Linearized and solved model near equilibrium and created a computer simulation of a control loop to show the solution was stable.
01/2006 – 12/2006 AubieSat, Student Satellite Program (Auburn, AL) ADC Team Leader
- Designed a permanent magnet plus hysteresis loop damper ADC (attitude determination and control) system to provide flight stability passively with small mass for Auburn’s student satellite program. This design optimized for the mission’s cost/power/mass budget to guarantee the design met mission parameters while freeing as many resources as possible for other systems.
06/2005 – 07/2005 & 06/2006 – 07/2006 Boeing, Inc. (HWIL AMRDEC Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville AL) Intern
- Phase matched and installed wave guide for the antenna array of a missile guidance system test facility.
- Designed and built a card cage controller card for the daisy chain data bus of the facility using PLDs and VHDL.
- Designed and built a software/hardware interface controller for the hard reset and interrupt of the guidance system simulator.
01/2005 – 05/2006 Auburn University (Auburn, AL) College of Engineering Tutor
- Tutored: Calculus I II III, Physics I II, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Circuits, Digital Logic, Linear Signals and Systems, Digital Electronics, Analog Electronics, Fundamentals of Electromagnetics, Random Signals and Systems, Power Engineering, Control Systems, and Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering.
01/2003 – 05/2004 Auburn University Materials Processing Center (Auburn, AL) Research Assistant
- Designed and built a prototype robotic platform for a DARPA competition.
- Managed changes to the schematics for a zero gravity metal casting experiment that flew on the international space station.
- Created a computer model of ion formation and corrosion in the water cooling system of the experiment.
08/2002 – 05/2003 Auburn Solar Car Team (Auburn, AL) Power Management System Lead
- Led team development of the power management subsystem and integration of that control system with the other subsystems.
- Laid out, soldered and installed solar array. Performed wire routing, installation and troubleshooting of all electrical subsystems.
- Managed telemetry system for remote monitoring and data gathering during race.
- Python, MATLAB, Julia, Minitab, Windows/Office, MacOS/*nix.
- Spinal Implants, Biologics and Human Tissue, RFID, RADAR, PCB Soldering, Wire Wrap Boards, VHDL FPGA/CPLD design, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Logic Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Recognized by Medtronic’s VP of Quality for modeling integrity as part of Medtronic’s “See Something, Say Something” campaign.
- Boeing letter of commendation for leadership during GTD-04b test event in Thule Greenland.
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Alpha Lambda Delta, Phi Eta Sigma, Phi Kappa Phi, Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu.
- Full academic scholarship plus stipend for all four years at Auburn University.
- Auburn’s Birdsong Study Abroad Scholarship (receiving one of four awarded per year), studied two-dimensional art (painting, drawing, illustration) at SACI (Florence, Italy), 7/2004-12/2004.
- Eagle Scout.